Programs and Algorithms of Numerical Mathematics 13
in honor of Ivo Babuška's 80th birthday
under the auspices of Prof. Václav Pačes,
the President of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Mathematical Institute, Academy of Sciences,
Žitná 25, Prague, Czech Republic
May 28 - 31, 2006
- PANM 13 proceedings
- Conference output - instructions for authors.
- Photos from the conference.
- Presentations to download.
- List of abstracts.
- Conference program.
- To download in PDF.
- The first announcement.
- To download in PDF.
- Invited speakers:
- Mark Ainsworth (University of Strathclyde, Scotland)
- Ivo Babuška (University of Texas, USA)
- Jan Brandts (University of Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Miloslav Feistauer (Charles University, Czech Republic)
- Benqi Guo (University of Manitoba, Canada)
- Ivan Hlaváček (Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic)
- Sergey Korotov (Helsinki University of Technology, Finland)
- Ivo Marek (Czech Technical University, Czech Republic)
- Hans-Görg Roos (Dresden University of Technology, Germany)
- Rolf Stenberg (Helsinki University of Technology, Finland)
- Heinrich Voss (Technical University of Hamburg, Germany)
- Hotels nearest to the institute.
- Residence v tůních,
V tůních 14, Praha 2, (+420 224 943 193)
- Pension Alabastr,
Školská 20, Praha 1, (+420 296 325 016)
- Hotel Dante Alighieri,
Salmovská 14, Praha 2, (+420 224 900 633-4)
- Hotel Archibald City,
Žitná 33, Praha 1, (+420 234 652 800)
- Hotel Andante,
Ve Smečkách 4, Praha 1, (+420 222 210 021)
- Social Program.
- A walk through mathematical and physical sights in Prague.
Guided by A. Šolcová (Sunday, May 28, 10.00-12.00)
- Conference Dinner.
Restaurant U Seminaristy, Spálená 45, Praha 1, metro station: Národní třída,
15 min walk from Mathematical Institute. (Monday, May 29, 18.00-21.00)
- Information about Prague.
Useful information for Prague visitors is
We assume that the talks of invited speakers will be 30 and 40 minutes long.
The short communications will be limited to 20 minutes.
All the times include discussion.
The conference room will be equipped with overhead projector,
data projector, and a notebook (internet, USB port, Windows
with PS and PDF viewers, PowerPoint, and other standard software).
The speakers are advised to save their presentation on at least
two independent media (USB memory stick, internet download, CD, diskette, ...).
- Organizing committee:
Karel Segeth (chairman),
- Contact address:
Dr. Tomáš Vejchodský
Mathematical Institute, Academy of Sciences
11567 Prague 1